Typically served with a sweet and spicy Asian sauce, this version is paired with something a little creamier and with less sugar. And the dip uses one of the most versatile ingredients out there: Greek yogurt! Full of protein, good-for-you probiotics, and calcium, Greek yogurt should be a staple in any healthy fridge.
1. 1 Nonstick cooking spray
2. 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
3. 6 tablespoons plain panko breadcrumbs
4. 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
5. 2 large egg whites
6. 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and patted dry
7. Salt and fresh pepper
For dipping sauce:
1. 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
2. 2 tablespoons lime juice
3. 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. To make the dipping sauce, combine all Greek yogurt, lime juice, and chili powder in a small bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Combine the coconut, panko, and flour in a bowl or baking dish.
4. Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl until slightly frothy.
5. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
6. Add the shrimp to the egg whites; toss to coat. Lift each shrimp from the egg whites, letting the excess drip off the shrimp. Coat in the crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
7. Place the shrimp on the baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly spray with nonstick spray.
8.Bake until the shrimp are golden on the outside and opaque in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with the dipping sauce.