We’re not saying that any one of these kids’ beds will make it easier to get your monsters to actually go to bed, but at least they will look good in their room. We’ve included thoughtfully designed furniture that includes plenty of storage and work space for older kids as well as models more suited to younger children.
10. Storkcraft Caribou
The Storkcraft Caribou can be used as a bunk bed or separated to make 2 standalone units. In addition to standard colors, like black and white, it also comes in some more unique offerings, like navy blue and grey. It’s made from a combination of rubberwood and composite.
- all nontoxic finishes
- angled ladder is easy to climb
- lower bunk has minimal headroom
9. DHP Twin Over Twin
The DHP Twin Over Twin has a simple, but safe, design for two children and comes at an incredibly affordable price. Your child will have easy access to the top bunk via the secure attached ladder, and can sleep soundly thanks to the full-length guardrails.
- sleek all metal finish
- entire unit feels very sturdy
- ladder bars are a bit uncomfortable
8. Disc-O-Bed Kid-O-Bunk
The Disc-O-Bed Kid-O-Bunk is the perfect on-the-go sleeping solution. It is extremely portable and easy to set up with no tools necessary, so it can be taken camping or to a friend’s house. Conveniently, it can be configured as a bunk, two single cots, or as a bench.
- powder-coated steel frame
- each cot has handy hanging pouches
- not suitable for everyday sleeping
7. South Shore Cakao
The South Shore Cakao doesn’t take up a lot of room, yet has been smartly designed with three large storage drawers below the mattress, which also happen to be reversible, allowing for versatile placement options. It’s a good choice for kids who prefer a grown-up style.
- satin zinc drawer knobs
- headboard has extra storage space
- assembly can be difficult
6. Dorel Living Brady
The Dorel Living Brady is the perfect solution for maximizing space in a shared room, especially if you have two kids of different ages. It features a twin over full bed design with a sturdy 4-step angled ladder that is easy to climb.
- can be used as separate beds
- upper level has sturdy guardrails
- provides good mattress support
5. Coaster Loft 460092
Bring a contemporary vibe to your child’s room with the space-saving Coaster Loft 460092. It features a large workstation set below the elevated bed, all with a bold black matte finish that blends in well with a range of other colors.
- includes a handy bookshelf
- ideal for preteens or teens
- plastic feet to protect your floors
4. Kidcraft Addison
The Kidcraft Addison makes an excellent big kid choice when your little one has outgrown their toddler bed. It has a simple, but beautiful, gender neutral design, and it doesn’t cost very much so you won’t be upset when your child’s tastes change.
- detailed assembly instructions
- easy for kids to crawl in and out
- matches a variety of decors
3. Broyhill Kids Marco Island
The Broyhill Kids Marco Island is ideal for sleepovers with its convenient pull-out, twin size trundle bed. Plus, there is plenty of storage space for clothes and toys, thanks to the three built-in drawers that pull out from the bottom.
- suitable for young and older kids
- available in four finishes
- doesn’t require a box spring
2. Delta Children Turbo Race Car
If your child loves the film “Cars,” has an interest in automobiles, or enjoys watching NASCAR races with you, then he will definitely love the Delta Children Turbo Race Car. It has an aggressive silhouette and realistic graphics.
- low profile sides
- manufactured in the usa
- lightweight and easy to reposition
1. Donco Kids Low Study Loft
The Donco Kids Low Study Loft meets all your bedroom needs in one functional piece. It features a twin size bed above a freestanding three-drawer chest, bookshelf and roll-out desk that is perfect for a kid-sized study space.